Planning & Development
Instructions for applying for a Building Permit or Business Registration are here. (please read before submitting an application)
Access the Online Permit Portal here.
Please follow these steps for new businesses moving into new or existing commercial structures.
The Planning and Development Department oversees and enforces the city's regulations related to subdivision, zoning, building codes, and nuisance abatement. Implementing growth management and transportation plans through thorough development and plan reviews is crucial. The department also conducts code compliance activities and building inspections.
The Planning & Development department also handles the following responsibilities:
- Receiving and reviewing requests for zoning changes and specific land uses.
- Providing interpretations of the Zoning Ordinance.
- Processing and making recommendations for amendments to the Zoning Ordinance.
- Assisting residents and developers with the process of platting and development.
- Issuing building permits.
- Addressing citizen complaints and directing them to the appropriate channels for resolution.
Planning and Zoning Monthly Meeting Live Stream: City of Ozark Zoom Meetings - YouTube
Our department has also created a policy and procedures document covering the following:
- Plats, plans, permits, and easements
- Re-plats, lot spills, lot combinations, and lot line adjustments
- The building permit process for commercial, residential, and public works
Forms & Resources Available Online
The Planning and Development Department offers many forms online. Please visit the Forms and Resources Page for a complete listing of all forms available.
Building & Permit Fees
Building and permit fees are as outlined in the Planning and Development Application Fees They include:
- Commercial permit fees
- Miscellaneous permit fees
- Planning and Development Application Fees
- Residential permit fees
Water Impact and Sewer Connection Fees
As of March 1, 2021, Water Impact and Sewer Connection Fees will be determined by meter size. Sewer connection fees increased on January 9, 2023, per Ordinance No. 23-008.
WATER IMPACT FEES
SEWER CONNECTION FEES
The impact fee for development of construction outside the City of Ozark will be 2 times the rate in the above schedule.
Water Meter Price List
(Subject to Change)
- 5/8 inch meter $320
- 1 inch meter $405
- 2 inch meter $1540
- 3 inch meter $1905
- 4 inch meter $3195
- 6 inch meter $4895